One questions I get regularly is "how do I start a conversation with my friends about Jesus?" OR "What do I do when my friends start up a conversation about faith?" When this happens I think we feel like we have to "convince" the other person in one setting. Often sharing what we believe is a long conversation that can last weeks or years. So be yourself, be real, be a genuine friend, and don't feel like every time you're together you have to talk about faith. Enjoy talking about other things you have in common too.
1 Peter 3:15 Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND:
1) Most importantly, BE a friend. Find common interests, and spend time together having fun.
2) PRAY for your friend.
3) Ask them questions. What are their spiritual beliefs?
4) Listen to what they believe.
5) Share your experience with Jesus. (Be ready to share your brief spiritual journey / story.)
6) If they asked a question you don't know... say, "I don't know... but I will find out. Maybe we can meet again & chat further." (then ask your pastor or spiritual mentor their question so you'll know more next time you chat).
7) Ask them if they want to know Jesus.
TOOLS WE LOVE:
1) SOULARIUM - starting a conversation using pictures & 5 easy questions.
2) One Verse Evangelism - sharing your faith using only ONE VERSE.
3) White board series - How do I share my faith (three parts). Short & easy to watch. Consider memorizing some of these key verses so you're ready to share these principles with your friends when you have an opportunity.